WHO WE ARE
We are an independent Carbon Removal developer. We use best in class technologies to support you in developing a profitable carbon capture activity on top of your current business. You can generate revenues from your emitted CO2 while drawing down atmospheric CO2 concentration.
We are a purpose driven company. We are convinced that negative emissions are part of the solution to climate change. Our aim is to capture and sequester carbon with you at megaton scale by 2030.
We provide end to end services and project development capabilities to biomass operators to enable them to capture and sequester CO2 from their power plants.
We work with leading academic and industry partners to provide state of the art solutions:
- Regionalwerke Baden
- University of Mons
- New partners to be announced soon
WHAT IS CARBON DIOXIDE REMOVAL (CDR)
CDR is an essential method to reach climate goals as some sectors such as heavy industry, agriculture and aviation will be difficult to fully decarbonize.
Also, CDR will be needed to ultimately bring back CO2 atmospheric concentration to a safer level.
Carbon Removal is a two steps process:
- the first step is to capture CO2 from the atmosphere
- the second step is to sequester it and keep it permanently out of the atmosphere
Many CDR methods exist for example:
- Nature based such as planting trees or improving agricultural practices
- Technical solutions such as Direct Air Capture
- Bio Energy with Carbon Capture and Storage (now our focus area)
This is how it works:
- Plants capture CO2 from the atmosphere via photosynthesis
- CO2 is captured from biomass power plants flue gases using specialized equipment that separates CO2 and purifies it
- CO2 is liquefied for easy transport via road, rail or ship to its end destination
- CO2 is permanently sequestered
We use two main sequestration methods:
- Underground sequestration in deep geologic formations (such as saline aquifers or depleted hydrocarbon fields)
- Sequestration via mineralization in recycled concrete aggregates and ready-mix concrete
- Technical and economic feasibility studies of carbon capture and sequestration at your plants
- End to end project development from capture to sequestration including monetization of negative emissions or emissions credits
- Carbon capture equipment engineering, construction and maintenance support
- CO2 sequestration in geologic formations and/or concrete and other long duration products
- Optimised CO2 logistics management from site of capture to sequestration destination
- Flexible financing solutions adapted to your business model and financial strategy